Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Reader

Things are picking up (finally!) on the job search. I have two interviews this week - one with a recruiter in the city for a job in Chelsea, and the other at a PR firm in Hackensack, NJ. So it's time to shake off the cobwebs and start acting like a professional PR executive again. Bleh.

I went out today and saw The Reader at our free movie theater. It was okay, but not as good as the hype made it out to be. I thought the ending was a little weak - I was expecting more from all the emotion building throughout the movie and it fell a little flat. I thought Wall-E was better than any of the Best Picture-nominated films I've seen so far, especially in terms of an emotional payoff.

I did enjoy watching some of my favorite actors - Kate Winslet, Ralph Fiennes and Lena Olin. It also made me realize that producers Anthony Minghella and Sydney Pollack, who both died during the making of the movie, will never make any more movies, which is really sad.

I've been watching episodes of MTV's The Real World-Brooklyn for something I'm working on for PolyNYC, and I have to say: drama overload! I know it's television, but are 20-somethings really this annoying? Sheesh! More to the point, why does anyone want to watch this? It's like a horrible car wreck, you just can't help it, I guess.


Widget_logo