Friday, January 27, 2012

A lovely evening

Tonight Piper came over to start our Alfred Hitchcock film festival, starting with Rebecca (1940). We had a light dinner here in the apartment and talked for a bit, which was really just getting updates on things because we chat online all throughout each working day so we know most of what's going on with each other's lives.

Piper has become my closest friend in terms of staying connected and in contact, although our conversations typically don't go as deep as with others. We don't randomly text each other or call each other, nor spend weekend time together (except for the occasional parties - we're going to be at Wicked Faire together with Jet and Puck in a few weeks, for example), but we are on Gchat together all day long while at work, the way Bonnie and I used to be. Here's hoping things don't turn out the same way with us.

While I was making tea tonight, I found one of Puck's anniversary notes stuck on the wall under my range hood that I somehow managed to miss all these months ("Papacookie and Poly Pride" - Oct. 8, 2011). I don't know how many more I'm supposed to find, but this one was the best one yet. It reads:

You're more than music and movies,
more than eggs and bacon,
more than musicals and concerts
and reading aloud together at 3 AM.

You're more than True Blood marathons and Street Fighter IV,
more than Six Flags and Poly Living,
more than anything I could ever put into a poem.

I love you. Always.
<3 P

I don't know what I ever did to deserve Puck but whatever it was, I'm so glad I did it. Seeing Puck happy is one of my greatest joys in life and one I hope to indulge in for many years to come.

I love you darling, now and always. <3


Widget_logo