Thursday, September 08, 2011

Mid-week update

Short week, so I'd better update before another busy weekend is upon me.

On Labor Day, I went out to run some errands and had my planned visit with Kacey. Our brief history since meeting each other on Easter Sunday seems built on unplanned time spent together, from our first outing on the High Line Park that was supposed to be a group walk ("Sherlock, Potter and pen pals" - July 5, 2011); to yesterday's visit, which was supposed to be a brief one between the time she got off work and other plans she had. But as it turned out, those other plans got moved to Sunday, so I had the entire afternoon with her, which suited me just fine.

I first went to the Home Depot to return my unused bedroom curtains, then to CVS to pick up my remaining prescriptions that didn't get filled last time. I routinely deplete a normal pharmacy's supply of hormone pills in filling my 90-day Rx supply. After a quick browse at the bookstore I went to meet up with Kacey at her workplace.

After she finished work, we went down to Ess-A-Bagel for a light meal and coffee and talked for a while. Then she took me to a public outdoor space on 51st that had a waterfall and we sat there for almost two hours, taking advantage of the white noise that afforded some privacy from other people sitting in the square. We were finally chased out when some people behind us started to smoke, so we got up and went back to the bookstore, then she accompanied me to my next stop, the Chinatown grocery store I frequent, before heading home to Brooklyn.

Later that night Puck stopped by on their way through Manhattan back to school. They still had to finish writing their paper, so they worked on it while I finished cooking and eating my dinner of curry chicken and rice. After the paper was done and sent off for editing, we watched an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (almost done with Season 3 now) before they had to get back to work. I left them to finish and went to bed, and they crawled into bed some time later after I'd already fallen asleep.

We were supposed to have an Open Love NY leadership meeting on Wednesday night, but I've been so busy at work with deadlines that I forgot to remind everyone and most people couldn't come, so we have to reschedule that. I thought this week seemed a little too quiet outside of work.

I am looking forward to going to the Renaissance Faire in Tuxedo, NY on Saturday with a new group of friends - Laura and Adam, who gave Puck and me a ride home from Jon's birthday a few months ago ("Jekyll and Hyde week" - June 14, 2011), are organizing the trip. Puck is off even further north for a Russian music campout festival at the same place her sister Ella got married two years ago ("A wedding story" - Sept. 13, 2009)

Saturday night there's a Papacookie event I might try to attend if we don't get back too late from the RenFaire. Then Sunday Kacey might come over and watch a movie with me. Back in mid-August she came over to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. What an amazing movie that was! Maybe I can organize a full Harry Potter marathon when the finale comes out on Blu Ray next year. I wonder who will be up for that?


Widget_logo