Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mahwage is what bwings us together today

I had this weird dream the other night where Puck and I were at their grandmother’s place in the East Village, getting ready to go to Houston to visit my birth family (which is probably never going to happen, but whatever, it’s a dream). Her grandmother is talking to us and saying how everybody accepts us as a couple now, but that I don’t deserve to marry Puck because I haven’t proven myself worthy yet.

It kind of reminds me of the plot of Kushiel’s Mercy, the last book of the Imriel Trilogy that I just finished reading, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I also was chatting with Yandy, one of my kinky friends at Poly Cocktails on Monday, and she works for the Alternatives to Marriage Project. I’ve also been thinking about this upcoming Friday company picnic, when Puck will meet my coworkers for the first time.

It’s interesting semantics to introduce her as my girlfriend, because for vanilla straight people, that can be so easily misunderstood. I’m sure there’s also an assumption that two people who have been “dating” for going on three years must be contemplating marriage by now, but we’re not. I wouldn’t even say we’re “dating” at this point because that’s usually what we call the audition process for a potential spouse.

Not that we don’t go on dates, but we’re beyond the idea of getting to know one another or making any kind of concrete plans for the future. We’re together until such time as we both don’t want to be together. I think it’s most accurate and least misleading to say that we’re in a three-year relationship and leave it at that.

PC was fun on Monday. Laura, Adam and Lizza from Saturday’s RenFaire trip came, and it was nice to see them again. On the downside, Laura and Adam might be moving to Austin in November, just as we were getting to be better friends - that’s a pity.

I met Meredith, one of the organizers of SlutWalk, which is happening next month – she was delightful and very pretty. Dave and Katie (from the PWG) showed up, along with Adele, Linda, Jeremy, Tam, John, and the usual crowd.

I was also surprised to see Bellatrix there for the first time ever – we’ll see her again at House PNJ's Sketchy Party on Saturday. Kacey’s coming to that with me and Puck, right after our Poly Picnic in Prospect Park on Saturday afternoon.

It’s shaping up to be quite a memorable weekend. But now I have to focus on the present, so back to work for me.


Widget_logo