Saturday, June 13, 2009

Poly advice column

The job interview on Thursday was pretty much a waste of time. They were looking for someone at a lower level than me, and my big-agency experience seemed to work against me. So after that was done, I went downtown to visit Polina at her workplace and drop off an Anita Blake library book for her to read.

Then I came back uptown and met my friend Barbara (who participates in my women's poly group) at the West Side YMCA to play a couple games of racquetball. I haven't played in several years, but it came back to me pretty quickly, and it was a nice workout. I'm glad I didn't get hit with the ball because I sure remember how much that can sting.

The weather here has been dreary, humid and pretty downright miserable, and it caused Anika to cancel any plans we might have made for today, since her flight was hampered by weather. I was going to have a hike in Yonkers tomorrow with my lesbian group, but that might be cancelled as well. Plus, the rain is keeping Tara and I from playing tennis.

I have been thinking a lot about relationships since Tara and I have had a bit of a difficult week. We've both been busy with various things and haven't had a chance to talk face-to-face very much. I hope we will get some time to connect again soon - she and the other girls are coming over soon for Saturday night dinner at my place, so at least we'll see each other for the first time since last Sunday night when we went to see Angels & Demons together. Although we try to talk on the phone every day, I can't remember the last time we went so long without seeing each other.

I did want to share this advice column on Feministing.com that offers some good advice about non-monogamous relationships:

Ask Professor Foxy: Am I Nonmonogamous? What Does That Mean for My Relationship?


Widget_logo