Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Second piercings

My maintenance man woke me up early this morning to come fix a few things around the apartment, so I'm actually awake before noon, which is pretty unusual for me these days. I'm listening to my recordings of No-Man, the group started by Porcupine Tree frontman Steven Wilson while my super works in the kitchen.

Yesterday I got a second ear piercing at Pleasureable Piercings in Hawthorne, NJ, the first time I've been back there since I got my first piercings on my first trip to New Jersey in October 2005. That trip was the first time I met my family in person, and a big milestone in our lives that we still celebrate to this day.

Yesterday I went back by myself and picked out an cerulean blue stone set in a stainless steel stud that is normally used for oral piercings, but they didn't have the blue topaz in white gold ear stud that I had wanted, and I didn't want to wait for them to make it. The oral stud has an advantage in that it has a flat screw-in back, so it doesn't poke me when I'm sleeping. The downside is that the post is about three times thicker, so the needle used for the piercing was a lot bigger. Seriously, I felt like the guy was jamming a big piece of lumber through my ear, and I could hear/feel the pop of the needle breaking through my skin much more than last time. Although that possibly could be because it was higher on my ear and therefore closer to my eardrum.

So I picked blue because my favorite glasses that I wear have clear blue accents on the sides of the lenses, so I thought it would be cool to have that picked up on my ears, regardless of what other earrings I choose to wear. I only have one pair of predominantly blue earrings, and I wouldn't want to wear them as often as I wear my glasses. Once the piercings heal, maybe I'll get some pink studs to match my fuschia glasses that Tara prefers.

I would have posted pictures of my new piercings and my glasses, but as I've just gotten up and don't have any makeup on, I thought I'd spare you the sight of the huge pores on my face this early in the morning when I take macro-closeup photos of myself. Maybe next time :)


Widget_logo