Saturday, February 28, 2009

Limerancing through life

After a few days at home and not feeling my best, I decided to shake the doldrums and head into the city for some solo adventures. Yesterday I went to visit MOMA and then met up with Lori for a little bit to tell her the news about Tara and do some grocery shopping. Then I met up with my friend Kyle at the Thursday night polyamory meeting at a Chinese restaurant in the East Village. I met some people there who knew me and Polina from PolyNYC, but mostly they were new faces, and many of them older folks. Some of them were old enough to be my grandparents. I guess I know where I'll seek out poly company 20 years from now.

Tonight I met up with Angel, one of the women I met at the pansexual women's Meetup group, the one who works at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the finance department. We met down in the lobby after she got off work and toured the special exhibit entitled Beyond Babylon: Art, Trade and Diplomacy in the Second Millennium B.C.. We walked through some of the other galleries before we headed up to her office so she could get her stuff, check her messages and shut down her computer. Then we walked to Madison Avenue to a small cafe and had a slice of pizza before she had to leave for her night job at a theater. She seems like a nice enough person, but probably not my type for anything more than a friend.

Tomorrow Tara and I are going to Connecticut for the day so she can have a band rehearsal before her gig on March 6, her band's first concert performance in more than a year. We need Yoshi to pack her drumkit and take it back home. It will also be the first time we've seen each other since last Saturday night, although we've been talking a lot on the phone each day since. Being apart hasn't been easy on either of us, and we're both dealing with it in our own ways.

I found this wonderful poem while Googling the word "limerancing" - something Penny is doing right now, celebrating life and love in Argentina. I love what this poem says about life, about love, and dance.

LIMERANCING IS A DANCE

i am most definitely
limerancing!

i am an incurable
limerancer!

yet again
i am in
that
first stage
of mad attraction
with
all my
hormones engaged and flowing
and things feel oh so right!

limerancing is such an awesome gift of the soul

a beautiful dance of dna

the melding of emotions and body and soul

it is ku panta!

some warn about it

they warn that it is painful
they warn that it rarely lasts

all this can be said of life
in any one of its manifestations

few of us give up on life
because we know it will end in death

and in the same way
i will not give up limerance
because it ends with a good-bye

instead, i live in the moment
enjoy the moment
enjoy the journey

i choose
to be intoxicated
with life
intoxicated with love
and
not to
dwell
on what is sad

all hail limerance!
all hail the dance!


Widget_logo