Thursday, August 07, 2008

Congratulations

I don't have a lot to say right now. Things are getting better with Tara, but they still seem a little strained. I'm trying to do my part by not pushing and letting things flow but I'm not well known for my patience. I'm sure we'll get back there eventually.

Monday night Tara took me to the mall and we went to Borders so I could buy her a book and browse around together. She picked out a thick graphic novel and then we went to McDonald's for a quick bite. We took a walk through Macy's, but it was closing time so we didn't get to see much. After a quick stop at the grocery store, we came back to my place and just snuggled on the bed for a few minutes before she had to go because it was getting late and we were both tired. Luckily, she made it home okay, because Bug had a flat tire in their car the very next morning.

Tuesday night we all went out to the movies, intending to see the Mummy, but it sold out as soon as we stepped in the box office door. So we saw Wall-E again instead, and it was fun, although Bug had a severe headache and we all felt badly for her. Wednesday I had to work late, so we didn't get to see each other at all, and today I'm feeling really run down, so our date night is probably going to be rather sedentary.

None of this makes particularly interesting copy, but I did want to give my congratulations to Joanna and her husband Perky on the birth of their first child, Braum, who was born on Sunday via emergency C-section. Everybody is doing well, and I'm really happy for Jo.

Tomorrow evening is Battery Park City Parks' Sunset Jam on the Hudson, a drumming circle I'm thinking about checking out. There's also live music at the South Street Seaport at 7 p.m. the same night, so that might be fun too. So many things to do in the city - I really should try to explore more and do some new things. Maybe that will keep me from moping around so much.


Widget_logo