Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Top 50 movies I haven't seen

There's a full-page ad on the back page of today's New York Times Business section (page C10) that asks, "Dear Ketel One Drinker, Are these the 50 best films of all time?"

Now, I'm not a Ketel One drinker, nor do I love drinking alcohol at all. But I do love movies, and of the 50 movies listed (all of them from the AFI's Top 100 list) I've seen them all except 11:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Chinatown
The Deer Hunter
Doctor Zhivago
Easy Rider
The French Connection
The Godfather Part II
High Noon
Midnight Cowboy
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Rocky

Some of these, like Rocky and Doctor Zhivago, I might have seen a long time ago, but I can't remember if I sat all the way through it, so that doesn't count. So one of these days I'll have to get around to seeing some of these.

My ethanol proposal got done and out the door last night, so it's back to business as usual for me. I'm hoping to leave a little early today to go get my allergy shot and go grocery shopping - my icebox is quite empty this week, and I've even run out of eggs, which is a big no-no for the South Beach Diet. Luckily Costco sells packs of 36 eggs for about $4.



Widget_logo