Friday, August 10, 2007

Google Black

Just a short entry today, as I have things to do at work before there's a happy hour at 4 pm - we are saying goodbye to all our summer interns, which is as good as any reason to celebrate around here.

Practically the only time I talked to any of them was when I was asked to be one of the four judges for their summer PR project. I was a pretty hard judge - more of a Simon Cowell than a Paula Abdul, despite being the only woman on the judging panel. But there was one crusty judge that out-Cowelled me - he's our resident friendly curmudgeon who has been around longer than anyone. I think he's in his 70s, but still walks around and says hi to everyone every day. But he was a tough judge!

Tonight Tara and Bee are picking me up in the city to go see Stardust with Bug later, which is great because I don't have to take the train home. Another reason I have to get going, so I can leave on time to meet up with them near the American Museum of Natural History, assuming the subways are working after a day of rain. Yesterday's storm caused me to be about two hours late to work due to flooding in New Jersey along the rail line.

So for those environmentally conscious readers, here is a Web site that my Corporate Responsibility team leader forwarded me today - http://www.blackle.com/. It's basically the Google homepage but all blacked out so that you conserve monitor power while using Google's search engine. Pretty ingenious, if you ask me. Al Gore can stop crying now.

Have a great weekend everybody!



Widget_logo