Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Jury duty

Today I spent the day at the Passaic County Courthouse serving jury duty, an obligation that requires a minimum of three days or one trial, whichever you complete first. It's not a lot of fun - really boring, actually - but in a way it's a nice break from the routine of going to work. The best part is having lots of time to read, and my Blackberry keeps me abreast of any serious issues at work.

The best way I can describe jury duty is that I feel like I'm in high school again, sitting in an uncomfortable chair (a hard wooden pew) listening to someone drone on and on, not being allowed to leave the room until specified breaks, and not being able to eat, drink or use any electronic devices (except the Blackberry, which is easily overlooked since I always have the sound turned completely off). So in a way, even though I'm not doing much of anything, the whole experience is quite enervating, and I feel completely wiped out even though it's not even 10 pm.

So for those of you who have written me lately, don't worry - I will write back soon, but for now, I'm going to bed. Night all!


Widget_logo