Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Governor terminated

I'm sure some of you are following the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal case - he announced his resignation today in the New York Times:

"Spitzer Resigns, Citing Personal Failings" - March 12, 2008

I'm following this case closely, not because of prurient interest, but because one of my clients is a central figure in the sordid saga (I can't say who, but if you're familiar with the story, you would know the person immediately). What really strikes me about the story above is that Spitzer used the name of a close friend as an alias when he checked into the hotel for his tryst with a prostitute named Kristin (who charges $1,000 an hour, by the way). I mean, what kind of a moron does that?? Why wouldn't you use a completely made up name, or at least the name of an enemy, like political rival Joseph Bruno (NY Senate majority leader) for example? Not Spitzer - he has to drag one of his few allies into the muck with him. Nice guy, right?


Widget_logo