Friday, April 18, 2008

100th post - week in review

Just a short post today, since it's Friday and I haven't posted all week, practically. And yes, as you can see, this is the 100th post on this blog, which is a nice milestone.

Tara and I have had a rough week together following Monday's date, but we are working our way through it. I wouldn't want to say that these incidents get easier over time, but each time they happen, at least we're learning more about how we deal with conflict and recover from it. No relationship is ever perfect, so even when things turn south, it's still an opportunity to learn something about the other person that will strengthen the relationship in the long run.

Wednesday I went to my regular PolyNYC meeting, where we had a speaker talk about building satisfying sexual relationships. Unfortunately, there were so many people there, and many of them were first-timers or just poly-curious, so it ended up being a Poly 101 question-and-answer session, which I didn't really have the patience for, so I left to catch an earlier train home. On the one hand, I'm glad that more people are expressing an interest in poly, but on the other hand, I wish the presenter (an alternative lifestyle attorney who is very pretty and a good speaker) had stuck to a script and not let the presentation become dominated with opinion after opinion.

Thursday Tara and I spent a quiet evening together while Bee was visiting her parents for her birthday, which is coming up next week. We went to Burger King and came back to my place to watch the Yankees-Red Sox game. Hopefully it was enough to be peaceful and grounded so that we can get back to being our usual affectionate selves.

And today I have a softball game in Central Park that I need to get dressed for because we're leaving the office in 15 minutes. Wish me luck - maybe I'll get a hit today.


Widget_logo