Mischa'a Almond Jelly
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 3/4 cup of almond flour into 2 cups of water to make almond milk. Add 2 cups of whole milk and set aside.
- Boil an additional 2 cups of water in a medium pot. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar (do not use artificial sweetener) and 1 heaping teaspoon of agar powder. Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly add the milk mixture, then remove from heat and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Strain into another pot and ladle into a sheet pan or mould, removing bubbles from the surface.
- Cover with cellophane so there is no air between wrap and the surface of the jelly. My theory is that this will prevent a "skin" from forming on the jelly.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into pieces. Serve with fruit and a little bit of syrup. I like to use canned lychee and Mandarin orange slices.